I can’t take credit for this recipe. Credit belongs to Peace, Love, and Low Carb, but I modified her recipe to fit to what’s available in the UK and to my personal preferences. This is a great low-carb dinner when paired with a salad!
You Will Need:
2 peppers per person (I used green and red. I think the yellow or orange ones would be too sweet)
8-10 slices of roast beef (I used Tesco Finest), cut into thin strips (kitchen scissors makes this easy)
300g (aprox) mushrooms, diced (I used my hand held Tupperware dicer)
1 container tomato passata (I think they are 500g in a carton)
1. Pre-heat oven to 175C
2. Slice off the tops of your peppers and remove the seeds as well as as much of the membrane as you can. If your peppers won’t stand up, you might want to prop them up in ramekins or in a casserole dish with sides.
3. Using your biggest frying pan (I use my wok), sauteé the mushrooms in a little olive oil until they are soft (about 10 minutes).
4. Add the strips of roast beef and cook an additional 10 minutes.
5. Add a sprinkle of Oregano to your passata and add the passata to the mixture. Cook until bubbly.
6. Sprinkle a little mozzarella in the bottom of each pepper cup and ladle in the meat/mushroom/sauce mixture. Top each pepper with some more cheese.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
I made 2 peppers for myself and used half a baguette to make open-faced sandwiches for Tim (he doesn’t like peppers and isn’t eating low-carb) and there is still loads of mixture leftover to save for another day, so I bet this would easily fill 6-8 peppers. Each pepper has approximately two soup ladles of mixture in it.
The contents of this post, including images are © Rebecca J Lockley and Tim Lockley unless otherwise stated and should not be reproduced without permission. If you are not reading this on http://blog.beccajanestclair.com, my facebook page, Networked Blogs, the RSS feed(s), or through an e-mail subscription, please notify me.
[LJ readers reading this on the LJ RSS feed: Please click on the link at the top of the entry to go directly to my blog to leave a comment, as comments left on the LJ RSS do not get seen by me. Facebook users reading this from my Networked Blogs link can either comment on facebook or on my blog. If you are reading this through an e-mail subscription, you might need to go directly to my blog to view videos and images.]
For full Copyright and Disclaimer, please read http://www.blog.beccajanestclair.com/copyright/No comments